Do you feel tired and worn out all the time even though you’re getting plenty of sleep? Maybe doctors are not able to figure out what’s wrong with you! Well, There is a high chances that you are having Adrenal Fatigue.
What is Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal fatigue is a term applied to a collection of nonspecific symptoms, such as body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances and digestive problems. The term often shows up in popular health journals and on alternative medicine websites, but it isn’t an accepted medical diagnosis.
Signs and Symptoms of Adrenal Insufficiency:
- Fatigue Body aches.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Low blood pressure.
- Loss of body hair.
- Skin discoloration (hyperpigmentation)
Adrenal insufficiency can be diagnosed by blood tests and special stimulation tests that show inadequate levels of adrenal hormones. If you see a naturopathic or a complementary medicine doctor, they might say that you have adrenal fatigue, though most traditional doctors would disagree and say this condition isn’t real.
Causes of Adrenal Fatigue:
- Stressful experiences like death of loved one.
- Exposure to environmental pollution.
- Prolonged stress due to hardship and other conditions that entail feelings of helplessness.
- Negative thinking and emotional trauma.
- Lack of sleep.
- Poor diet and lack of exercise.
- Reliance on stimulants like caffeine or energy drinks.
How to Overcome Adrenal Fatigue
Treatment for adrenal fatigue involves reducing stress on your body and your mind, eliminating toxins, avoiding negative thinking and replenishing your body with healthy foods, supplements and ways of thinking.
- In every case of adrenal recovery, diet is a huge factor. There are a number of foods that offer adrenal support, helping to replenish your adrenal energy so your system can come back to full health. But first, you must start by removing any hard-to-digest foods and any toxins or chemicals in your environment. The idea is to remove anything that taxes your adrenals. Foods to avoid include:
- Caffeine: This can interfere with your sleep cycle and make it hard for your adrenals to recover. If you must drink coffee or a caffeinated beverage, then have a limited amount in the morning before noon.
- Sugar and sweeteners: Includes avoiding high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners as well. Avoid sugary foods, cereals, candy, sweets, etc. Be aware that sugar is an additive in many breads, condiments and dressings. Try to avoid as much extra sugar as possible. Seek the benefits of raw honey or stevia as an alternative, and always moderate your use of sweeteners of any kind.
- Processed and microwaved foods: First of all, the microwave has its own dangers, but additionally, most microwaveable, ultra-processed foods have many preservatives and fillers that are hard to digest and wear out your body’s energy and digestion cycle. Try to buy food on the outer walls of your grocery store and prepare your own food whenever possible.
- Hydrogenated oils: Vegetable oils like soybean, canola and corn oil are highly inflammatory and can lead to adrenal inflammation. Try to only use good fats such as coconut oil, olive oil, organic butter or ghee.
Next, you want to add nutrient-dense foods that are easy to digest and have healing qualities. Some of the top super foods for adrenal health include: Coconut, Olives, Avocado and other healthy vegetables such as Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc. Fatty fish such as Salmon, Mackerel etc. are the foods help overcome adrenal fatigue because they’re nutrient-dense, low in sugar and have healthy fat and fiber.
Another big key to overcoming adrenal fatigue is taking the right supplements using supporting herbs. It is always recommend eating the right foods to heal your body. However, it can still be a challenge to get enough of every nutrient you need every day. Therefore, it can be useful to wisely use dietary supplements for vitamins and minerals particularly vital for adrenal support.
In addition, there are certain herbs, spices and essential oils such as Licorice root, Fish oil, Lavender oil, Rosemary Oil, Holy basil etc, can help to fight adrenal fatigue and support an energetic, vibrant life.
The last and most important key to restoring your adrenal function is to heed your mind and stress needs. Listed below are the few things you must do –
- Rest when you feel tired as much as possible.
- Sleep 8 hours a night.
- Avoid staying up late and stay on a regular sleep cycle.
- Laugh and do something fun every day.
- Minimize work and relational stress however possible.
- Eat on a regular food cycle, and reduce your caffeine and sugar addiction.
- Exercise, Yoga, in particular, can help to improve quality of life and reduce stress responses.
- Avoid negative people and self-talk.
- Take time for yourself.
- Seek counsel or support for any traumatic experiences.
For more questions or feedback feel free to comment down below and I’ll get back to you soon.
Best of gains.